Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A new kind of greeting...

I love making cards. Depending on the time that I have when I sit down to make one is the sole factor of how great the card turns out. Here are a couple cool things that I love about this card:


1. I used the Linen Closet Matstack to make the flower pieces. I cut a 1 inch strip of paper, sprayed a little water on it, folded it in half lengthwise and twisted it into a flower shape. Hot glued the back to keep it down and added a simple embellishment in the center. 

2. The book print and greeting of the card were taken from an old book of quotes that I found at a thrift store. Love the vintage feel that it gives that goes perfectly with this paper. 

3. The card base is made out of our shimmer paper from the matching Linen Closet Cardstock Stack. The shimmer papers are so beautiful, you have to see them to believe them. Love the quality of our cardstock and I really love it when we create matching cardstack stacks for our popular printed paper stacks. :)

Have a great day! There will be a giveaway announced on Friday so stay tuned!!

4 comments:

  1. I am going to try making this flower today. It is gorgeous. I just love paper flowers. http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great-now I need this stack too!!!
    I try to resist but.... it's futile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! super cute!!! the color combo is perfect and the flowers are beautiful!

    hugs,
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought for sure those flowers were from cloth! I'm going to practice some right now!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete