Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bottle Cap Fun

 I was quickly flipping through my April issue of "Family Fun Magazine" and came across this cute idea. I had seen similar bottle top crafts but this one was extra cute because it was made with our Animal Cracker Stack!


Who doesn't love that cute little monkey face?? I know I do. :)


I thought this would be a perfect project that you can make with our FREE digital kit Le Creme by 300dpi.com.  You can simply download the kit, print out a few sheets on your standard printer and create. 

To get your bottle tops, you will just need a six pack of bottle soda and a couple of helpers to help you drink all of them....so lucky I have mine :)


Take your paper and use a 1 inch circle punch to cut out the circles. You could use your Cricut or if you are feeling extra crafty, you can trace a quarter and cut them out by hand.


I ran mine through my Xyron Sticker Maker but you can put any kind of adhesive on the backs of the paper.


Fill the bottle tops with Ranger Glossy Accents, making sure you get to all of the edges to keep the paper down. Any air bubbles can be popped with a tooth pick.


Now you can decorate...add a bit of glitter or embellishments if you want. But I still think the plain paper ones are just as cute. :)



When the Glossy Accents has dried, use a hot glue gun to glue a magnet to the back side of the bottle top.


And that is it! Super easy and I love the end result. They are even cuter in real life!!! What a quick and inexpensive gift for someone...you could even color coordinate the magnets with someones kitchen colors.


And this little cutie on my fridge right now is my new nephew, John. Love these pictures!!


Be sure to download your free digital paper kit at 300dpi.com! There are so many things you can do with this kit, so you better grab it while you can!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! You can always use more magnets. My nieces wear them around their necks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! These are so cute for magnets!! I already downloaded my FREE digital layout from 300dpi!! Love'n it!!

    ReplyDelete