Friday, March 5, 2010

A shout out to my digital BFF...

I have someone I would love to introduce you to this fabulous Friday morning, my best friend, the digital template. You will hear me rant and rave about templates for years to come! People are always asking me how I stay creative when being creative is demanded by my job. I usually have some great answer that I come up with. But sometimes, when you are just having an "off" day, it is seriously hard! And one of those days was the day that the template became my best friend :)

Basically, a template is a sketch of a page with all of the design elements figured out for you. But since it is a digital sketch, you get to simply replace (or mask if you want to sound technical) the element of the template with the paper that you want. Once I have my template pieces all replaced, then I add a few embellishments and thats it, your page is done. I recorded a great video tutorial that walks you through this step by step which is available on our website under Photoshop-Using Templates.

So this is what the template looks like when you purchase it. It's less that $2 and you can use them over and over and over again! This is Template #30 on 300dpi.com.




And this is the finished product! I used the digital kit from 300dpi.com "All About Girl" which you will recognize from our popular paper stack! This is my friend's little girl, Lauren. Her mommy is an awesome photographer so I pretend that she is my little girl so I can make stuff with girly paper and her fabulous pictures :)

Remember to check out my video tutorial on this topic along with a dozen other video topics. And if you are up for a challenge, there is a template challenge for the month of March on 300dpi.com. Download the free template, make your page, post it and you could be a winner of free product!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a few fun things planned...the most exciting event will be tonight when I get to go with my girlfriends to our local scrapbook store and scrap for 6 fabulous uninterupted hours. Pure bliss!!! 

Stay tuned for next week...I feel a giveaway coming!!

2 comments: