Monday, March 1, 2010

A Lofty Challenge

Back from another weekend! I had a pretty uneventful weekend except for the "West Side Story" performance which was awesome by the way :) But sometimes uneventful is good. And it was good the last 2 days. I flipped through my boys albums on Friday night taking inventory of what I needed to do to have their albums up to date. Amazingly, it was only 2 pages! Since I started mixing digital pages into their books, it has been so much easier staying up to date with their photos and memories. I wanted to sit down and work with some pictures of the boys in their Christmas church outfits. The colors didn't quite go along with the traditional red/green papers that I have for Christmas. So I pulled out an unexpected contender: The Downtown Loft Stack which is available at Joanns right now for $9.99...love that!  


I pulled out some prints that have the awesome epoxy glaze on them which was perfect for the look that I wanted for the page. Clean & simple. 

{Just One 12x12- cardstock, printed paper, chipboard, red alpha sticker: DCWV, brown alpha stickers: American Crafts, Serif Essentials Alphabet Dies: Sizzix,  Ribbon: May Arts, misc. buttons}


This page is pretty simple for me. What I love about it is the handwriting used throughout the page. I feel like it is SO important to use your own handwriting when you are journaling on your pages....it is what we can leave of OURSELVES along with the photos and memories on a page. 


I even turned my handwriting into a font at fontifier.com to use on my digital pages. It is soooo quick and easy, and it's so fun to use! All you need is a printer and a scanner and you are set.


So my two challenges today are:

1. Dig through your stacks so you know what you have. Who would have thought I would find my paper for my Christmas page in the Downtown Loft Stack?

2. Use your handwriting whenever you can on your pages! And your handwriting is never ugly, it is just a part of YOU so embrace it!!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Have a fabulous day...be back in a few! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great page, I have wondered the same thing (why is it so hard?!?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is so cute and I just LOVE DCWV... It's my favorite paper brand by far. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete