Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Leprechaun Fun!!!

Happy St. Patty's Day! I think this is the first year in our home where this is a very serious holiday. I guess any five year old thinks that... you would think it was Christmas in the spring or something! My boys woke up and instantly were dressed from head to toe in green. Man, I wish it were that easy to get them dressed every day!


I wanted to do something special for the day, and what would be better than eating green foods all day long! I wanted to make a cute menu card since Troy is staring to read and I knew he would love it.  Laying in bed this week, I thought that one of 300dpi's St. Patrick Day Photo Cards would be the perfect way to make my menu card! And they are on sale right now which makes it even better! Buy 2 @$1.95
and get the third free! 3 cards for under $4...can't beat that!


I picked this cute one for my card. I love that cute leprechaun!


I opened it up in Photoshop and replaced the photo spot with some patterned paper & a text block. Seriously took me 3 minutes.


Printed the card in my standard printer.


It came out filling most of a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock.


Trimmed & scored the card. Added a few brads, ink and ribbon of course :) And that's it! My boys thought it was the coolest thing ever when I got out their breakfast this morning! I will be using the photo cards for my Easter menu card as well....and any other special meal that we may have!



Go and browse through all of the awesome photo cards at www.300dpi.com. There are so many to choose from: holiday, birthday party invites, baby announcements...and I love how they are all easy to customize with a fun photo! Pick out your top three favorites...I want to hear about them in the comments section! Have a fabulous St. Patrick's Day! And be sure to wear some green unless you like a little pinchy pinchy!!! :)

Friday's blog post will bring a fresh breath of SPRING with our new Jo-Ann's line "Flower Shower Stack"! Just the thing to get you ready for spring!!
See you then!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun mom you are! Those are cute and they turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete