Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Issue of Adhesive

We are half way through the week! I have been working like crazy these last few days so the week is flying by. Always a good thing :) The weather has gotten a tad bit better, enough to let the boys play outside with sweatshirts on instead of their big jackets. A simple thing that brought a smile to my face! 

Another thing that made me smile...the boys ripping into the package that had our Disneyland tickets and travel information...have never seen little boys go so crazy over little Mickey flashlights and lanyards :) So cute.



I know a few of you reading this will have an "ah-ha" moment...over adhesive!! Now, that is a true scrapper!

When I talk to customers of ours, one of the biggest questions that I am asked is "What kind of adhesive do you use with your papers?" Never fail, I hear it a million times. And my answer is always the same.

If you have looked at any of our stacks in the last few years, you have noticed we have "premium papers". These are printed papers that have some kind of special finish on the top. Such as glitter, an epoxy glaze or flocking for example. Sometimes these finishes, especially the glitter, can be hard to get an adhesive to stick to it. I looked high and low for the best adhesive at the best price.  I found it a couple years ago and I am NEVER without it now!! It is Scor-Tape from the makers of the Scor-Pal


It is very similar to that sticky tape that comes on a roll with the red backing. But it is a lot better and a fraction of the cost. Plus, the best part is, you can tear it!!! No having to reach for those scissors to snip the tape you need! The tearing thing is what made me fall in love with it :)


It comes in a ton of different widths and even a sheet form that is perfect for the odd shaped embellishments. My standard roll is the 1/2 inch stuff, and the roll lasts forever. 27 yards! I swear, this stuff will stick to anything!!! My co-workers tease me that I always have it with me....we have even used it to hang signs in our trade show booths and fix broken boxes!! They tease me but they are the ones always stealing my rolls :)

I also love supporting the small businesses in the industry. Diana Crick, the owner and the sweetest woman ever, is the mastermind behind the Scor-Pal as well (another staple in my craft room). The Scor-Tape is available on her website: www.scor-pal.com

So my secret is out. Hope Diana doesn't mind! Let me know if you have tried it and what you think!! See you on Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE scor-tape! I've also been using it for the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to order online, or is there another place to get it? Any chance they will have it for sale somewhere at the expo at the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my scor-tape too. I can't much live without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Prilla!
    Just talked to Diana and right now her website is the only place to get it! Her shipping rates are reasonable too but I suggest you just stock up on the tape :) You won't regret it!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best tape ever and I agree tearing it easily without having to reach out for Scissors makes it great. I got converted by Gina :)

    ReplyDelete