Friday, March 19, 2010

Hello Spring...

Three sure signs of spring:

Muddy clothes & boots...


Girl Scout Cookies...



DCWV's Spring Stack at Jo-Anns! This year, we have the "Flower Shower" line!



This stack is sure to get you out of the winter blues! Bright colors, glitter, amazing prints, felt flowers...seriously cute stuff. I couldn't wait to make something with this stack that would bring the happy spring mood into my home! I came up with a door hanger for my front door!



Here is how I did it...I picked out 2 pieces of paper from the Premium Printed Cardstock Stack. I used my favorite print from the stack, a purple glitter flower print. I cut them in half so I had a total of 4- 6x12 pieces.


I used my Scor-Pal and scored on every inch line on all four of the pieces of paper. So each paper had 12 score lines. Then, I accordion folded all four pieces.


I used Scor-Tape to attach all of the pieces together so there is a continual accordion flow throughout the entire piece.


Then, I took off the back cardboard piece of my stack. (I always seem to find other purposes for this thin piece of cardboard, my stacks stay together perfectly fine without them.) I traced and created a circle piece just a little smaller than my accordion piece.


I used my trusty hot glue gun to glue the circle piece onto the accordion piece.


To embellish: I used a sponge and inked the edges of the accordion piece. Then I cut a piece of purple printed paper from the stack and created a thick banner piece. Added the "happy" felt sticker from the Embellishment Flip Pack which is a great value by the way. The "spring" letters were cut with my Cricut and more paper from the stack. I glued the banner piece onto the front with my glue gun and then sprayed the whole thing with a little Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Pearl). Just for a touch of shimmer :)


Punched holes with my Crop-a-dile and tied some ribbon to it to create a hanger. And that was it! So cute on the front door! 


As the Glimmer Mist dryed, it curled my banner piece a little and I love that look.


I am hoping this brings a smile to anyone who walks in my front door, I know it will bring one to my face :) Have a great weekend! 

8 comments:

  1. SO FUN! I have not seen the embellishments for any of the stacks so that is super fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered those paper stacks the other day (big JoAnn sale!), can't wait to get them and play! :-D Happy Spring to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in loVe as we speak! These Spring stacks are so cute! The door hanging idea is great! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so Cute! What a fun way to use your stacks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cute Spring decor is bringing a smile to my face even though I am far away! Love it! That new paper stack looks way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so not fair... :-( can get them here... joann only ships in the states....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spring time. The weather is great.

    ReplyDelete