Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Sweet Idea!

As a stay at home/working momma, life gets pretty interesting. I'm sure many can relate. It is super tough trying to stay focused, stay on task and use your time efficiently when there are 2 little monsters running around the house. And sometimes when you least expect it, you turn your head to see this:








Yes, my 3 year old coming in from the backyard through the doggie door. He seems to prefer that instead of the logical door that most would take. I saw this, and simply turned my head back to my computer. He's not hurting anything right? Right. So stay focused. :)


I am totally excited to share this project with you today! I think that everyone assumes that you have to have Photoshop of some kind in order to use any of the fabulous digital elements that we have at 300dpi.com. But I am excited to show you how I used one of our fun gift ideas using Microsoft Word, that's right! No Photoshop required! Under the "Gift Ideas" tab on the website, there are tons of cute files that you can simply purchase, download and print to make darling little gifts. I am going to use one of the candy bar wrappers that coordinate with our Green StackWhen you purchase and download the file, this is what it looks like. 
First, I opened up Microsoft Word and began with a blank document. Then I went to "Insert" and "Picture" and "From File". I found where I had saved my Green Candy Wrapper file and clicked "Open"



The Owl file was just inserted right into the Word document at just the right size. If you wanted to simply print the file as it is now and hand write your greeting, you could totally do that. 



Here is a quick little wrapper that I did, printing only the file and added my hand written message.


If you wanted to take the next step and add the greeting in a text form, it's really easy as well. I went to "Insert" and "Text Box" and made a small text box below the candy wrapper. 


I typed in my greeting, "Something for you from "owl" of us". Clever, right?! I typed the font at a 10 point font and it was just the right size.


I printed the file, cut up the text saying and glued it on the blue label. And of course, I had to add a little ink and ribbon. (ribbon from May Arts) And that's it! Wrapped it around my precious Coconut M&M's and taped the wrapper on the back. It was sooo easy and I love how it turned out!!



And I did say, "precious Coconut M&M's" right? I have to have a few everyday, they are just that yummy! This is a couple weeks worth since my whole family is addicted to them...along with a few neighbors who may pop in to say "hi" with a hidden agenda :)


I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am off to Anaheim for the big photo show this weekend. Maybe in between introducing 300dpi to every, I can have someone tell which kind of Digital SLR I should  get...Canon or Nikon. Any thoughts from you?? More on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment