Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mi Casa Memo Board & WINNER!

I am back from the eternal weekend! I don't know why, but this long 3 day weekend seemed to last forever! I loved it! I am married to the cutest banker around and I am a happy wife since he gets all of the little federal holidays off of work. Love that. We had a great Valentines weekend relaxing and eating and crafting and eating :) My workout killed me this morning though!

I loved reading all of your Valentine plans! I hope everyone really did have a great day! The winner of our "Madly in Love" Stack is:

iceprincess95 said...

My BFF and I went out to eat at this yummy place called Cheddars. We also went to see Dear John. I loved it so much that immediately after the movie we made a stop at walmart to buy the book. I spent the rest of the weekend reading. The movie was so perfect. Reminded me so much of my first love...
<3 DCWV! This stack would be perfect for a scrapbook I am starting.
It's so funny that this is the post that won because I just finished reading "Dear John" and absolutely loved it too!!! I haven't seen the movie yet but I know I will need a box of tissues to get through it :)

Please email me at erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com so I can get you your free 12x12 stack! 



My girl at 3M (Hey, Suzanne!) threw me a memo board as we were all taking down our booths at CHA and said "Make something cute with this for your blog!" I glanced at in this weekend and decided to give in to her challenge :) 

This is the memo board. It is a dry erase board that was designed to alter by adding patterned paper or photos or whatever you want to make it "your own!"  



The back simply comes undone just like a frame, you move the little tabs to remove the back. 


I couldn't wait to see how our glitter paper looked behind the dry erase board. I used a sheet from the new Mi Casa Stack.


So I cut down a sheet of the Mi Casa paper to 8 1/2 x 11 and placed it behind inside the memo board.  


I added a couple basic embellishments (ribbon and rub on stitching) to spice it up a tad. I wanted to still keep it pretty simple so I can change the look of the memo board by changing out the paper. How fun would it be to change our the papers according to the seasons!? So many possibilities! And you can't tell by the photo but the Mi Casa glitter paper looks so cool glittering through! 

Have a fabulous day and I'll see you later in the week!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the memo board, what a simple yet really neat idea. I haven't seen these before. It's much better than my boring white one. If I keep reading your blog, I'm going to have to get a 2nd job *smile* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! I must have one of these. Way to go 3M

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOhhh! I love your memo board. I am going to have to find some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. That is super cute! I usually never say this, but "I need to get one!!!"

    ReplyDelete