Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A different side of Safari Kids

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I spent mine with a few girls from the DCWV team at the big Photo Show in Anaheim. It was a very quick but busy weekend and sadly, it was chilly and rainy in California. I don't know what it is with me & California. Please, next time I need some sun! I was bitten by the Disney bug while I was there. I came home and that night, booked a 6 day trip for my little family to head back for some Disney fun! Can't wait!

I know some of you have already gotten your hands on the Safari Kids line. If you haven't seen it yet, you will be floored at the awesome stack and embellishments that match it! It is so bright and cheery, and I love the little monkey that pops up throughout the line!


Some may think that this line is only for kids pictures, or maybe some zoo or vacation pictures. But I wanted to show you an adult birthday card that I made with the line. 



I just used some basic cardstock to make the card base. Added a few Safari Kids glittered pop up stickers and ribbon. 


These newspaper flowers are very popular right now and super easy to make. I just got an old book off of my shelf that I knew I wouldn't be reading again and punched 5 scalloped circles out of it with a punch. I stacked the 5 pieces and put a Safari Kids brad in the center. Then I just crumpled 4 of the layers individually over the brad to give the newsprint a little volume. And thats it! Easy, easy! 

Well I hope this card may have opened your eyes to a new side of Safari Kids! If you have made any projects with Safari Kids, load a picture on a site or a blog and comment with the link so I can see what you have done!

Have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

  1. I just bought this stack -can't wait to play with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I just became your 209th follower! You are awesome and just amazing and talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite lines. I do use it for the kids but my mom is a Keith Urban fan and his fan club is called Monkeyville, so I also use this cute monkey when I do stuff for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this Safari stack middle of last year. Is there a new one or is this the same one? The cover and papers are identical to the ones at this past CHA.

    ReplyDelete