Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Hippie Chic" Family Memory Game

I will give you a little eye candy until I can post some CHA sneak peeks of our booth! I have already worked with the new stacks and I swear, they just keep getting better and better. I am already here in Anaheim and the rain is just CRAZY!! I hope I don't have bad, frizzed out hair the entire 8 days that I am here! There are 8 of us from DCWV already here, and at least 10 more coming in the next few days. It is so much fun to travel with your co-workers when they are also some of your best friends!

Here is a project that I just finished that I will NEVER let out of my sight!! It took a lot of time but it was well worth it! I love how it turned out with the Hippie Chic Digital Kit from 300dpi.com by DCWV.




It is a family memory game that I made with my kids pictures and I loved how it turned out. For the actual box, I covered a DCWV Chipboard box that was empty. I used the actual Hippie Chic stack to cover the box and embellished with a digital element and ribbon. The digital element on the outside of the box matches the back of the game pieces. I just designed a simple design using the kit and printed out tons of them on my printer with white cardstock. I don't have a super fabulous printer but for this project, it was all I needed. For the actual chipboard game pieces, I used the Chipboard Stack and cut the pieces into fourths. Perfect size and I got them most out of each sheet! 


I haven't let the boys touch it yet (definitely will after CHA) but I know they will adore it. I love how our paper stacks and digital elements coordinate because I love Hybrid projects like this one. So much fun! Check back tomorrow for a CHA sneak peek....I will rummage with my camera while we set up the booth, don't tell! :)


25 comments:

  1. Very cute project, can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love the idea of the photo memory game...seems like an easy, yet fun project for a new follower like me to be able to do...will definitely be reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have a home daycare & this would be a great gift for my families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT WOOT! I LOVE DCWV! I have more DCWV stacks than ANY other paper! I'm a new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The project looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more projects from the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea...love to see what you come up with next...as I am now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love absolutely love the memory game you created, what a great idea!! I am a new follower and can't wait to see the other projects with the DCWV stacks. I can't wait to be inspired again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I'm sure the kids would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!!! I'm so excited to be following this blog! I love DCWV and am addicted to their products!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I'm a follower too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea. This is adorable!! I am a brand new follower. I look forward to all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just became a follower!! Let me just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE DCWV!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it love love it! what a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful idea!!! (I'm now a follower of this blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great blog - I love being a follower sometimes! I am very excited that you now have a digi site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great keepsake gift this would make - I love it!! I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a follower! Looking forward to checking in often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat project!

    I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your ideaaaaa, is beautiful!!! Love papers of DCWV and I'm happy reading your blog!!!! Kisses from a scrapper from México!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE DCWV!! You have AMAZING paper stacks!! Thanks for the newest addition to the BLOG-world!! lol LOVE the adorable keepsake box!! Keep up the AWESOME work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO CUTE! I am SO excited to see everything at CHA! I can't believe that is starts tomorrow!!!! I am excited to see and meet all the DCWV people that are behind this wonderful line of products I love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love that! I hope I can make it to a CHA one time! Im now a follower, and I will be for sure checking in all the time! :):) Im super excited to see sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for starting a blog - it's great! Can't wait to see your new lines in person! And I'm a follower now! ;)

    ReplyDelete