Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Diary of A DCWV Gal






I am so excited to start this blog and share everything that I love about DCWV!!! Paper scrap, hybrid & digital...I love it all and I can't wait to show you all of my "big ideas"!! I am also so excited to share a little of my life with you too. A "work at home" mommy who loves this industry SO MUCH! So here is a little about little ol' me!

I grew up in Dallas, Texas and found my love of scrapbooking at the age of 12 when I received a Christmas gift of scrapbooking supplies and an album from a cousin in Utah. Since then, the last 15 years have been documented in dozens of scrapbooks lining my living room shelves! In 2000, I moved to Provo, Utah to attend Brigham Young University where I received a bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Marketing. Working as a bank teller as a newlywed and recent graduate, I met and became friends with Nancy Hill, founder of DCWV. After a 2-year friendship, I finally worked up enough nerve to tell Nancy about my passion of scrapbooking. Instantly Nancy said, “Well, turn in your notice. Wouldn’t you rather be scrapbooking instead of working at a bank?” And that is where it all began! I have been blessed to be a part of the DCWV family since February 2004. I have designed projects for QVC, HSN, dozens of books and many magazine publications. More recently, I have discovered the digital scrapping world and am thrilled at how much I truly love it. I love having an outlet of my creativity without having to mess up my studio! And scrapping in bed on my laptop is the life! My true passion has been the opportunity to share my love of scrapbooking and my love of DCWV by teaching classes all over the country and the incredible people I have met along the way. Other than scrapbooking, I enjoy cooking, organizing and cleaning anything, shopping online, and drinking Diet Coke. And there is nothing better than coming home to my house of boys, husband, Kevin, Troy (5), Colt (3) and Jack the Pug.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome story! I am in McKinney just north of Dallas hi former Texan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were my teacher at Scrapfest...of course with that many people I wouldn't expect you to remember anyone. I wish I knew then we were both BYU alumni...not too often I bump into another BYU alumn in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New DCWV follower here...Congrats on starting your blog! I can't wait to see what creative things I can learn by following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Patty! ScrapFest is my FAVORITE event of the year! So glad you remembered me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to all the products you will share with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just signed up to follow your blog.

    Looking forward to being inspired by your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SUCH a cool idea!!
    ANd i love THE hIPPIE cHIC pAPER!
    I can't wait to see what other ideas you have up your sleeve!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEA...I'm a following you blog now! How exciting! I LOVE DCWV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    I´m in Argentina and it´s a blessing to have a place like yours to get inspired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to get my hands on some of the new stacks. i need more shelves in my craft room.

    kat

    ReplyDelete