Friday, January 29, 2010

"City Critters" Photo Blocks

It is always a little bittersweet coming from CHA. As a company, there is so much work designing, organizing and planning before we even leave the office. Then at the show, there is a constant buzz of excitement and long days of introducing, promoting and selling our new lines. Once you are home, you finally have a moment to sit down and breathe. And I am crazy because I am always a little sad when it is all over. I just love what I do SO MUCH! Don't worry, we will start it all over again in preparation for CHA-Summer in July in Chicago :) The good thing about getting home from a show is that I now have time to clean and put my office back together. It seriously is scary in here!  It will take me a few days...at least to get everything back in order! 

Today I wanted to share with you a project that I created and shared at our 300dpi booth at CHA. I am totally loving any project that is hybrid-meaning it contains digital and scrap elements. I purchased some blocks from Creative Imaginations that were all ready for decorating. This project was so easy, I simply designed boxes in Photoshop to fit each side of the block using the City Critters Digital Kit from 300dpi.com.  The sides contains pictures, alphabet letters, animal faces, cute phrases and DCWV textured cardstock. I printed them on my printer on photo paper, cut them out and adhered them to the blocks with Scor-Tape. (Yes, I am the queen of Scor-Tape, we were putting our booth together at the show with Scor-Tape!)





I have to share the story behind the precious little face on these blocks because everyone always wants to know, "Who is that gorgeous little boy?!" His name is Casen and he really is the cutest thing ever! He is the son of a sweet friend of mine and anytime I see his face, I just smile!!! He looks just like his daddy which has given his daddy a pretty big head since we all thing he is just darling. :) 
(Photo credits to the amazing  Jenny Wheeler Photgraphy)

Have a great weekend! More to come on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE these!! I really have to get photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks and the papers, I need to learn how to use the photoshop!

    ReplyDelete